Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Broken Kitchen Cabinet Shelf Supports - Removing Stems

On Sunday, September 3, 2017 at 10:30:31 AM UTC-4, Jeff Wisnia wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

...then replace with metal supports.

True enough, but It would take me all day to replace every plastic one
in our kitchen with metal ones given every shelf would have to be
emptied of what's sitting on it.

All day? Empty every shelf? I question both of those assertions.

Heck, in less than a day (yesterday, in fact) I emptied the shelves in two 16 base cabinets,
took off the doors, cut out the center stile, built two 31" x 22" drawers, installed 2 pairs of
undermount slides (PITA), test fitted the drawers, took them out and put the stuff back on
the shelves. (just until the finish on the drawers dries)

All day? How many cabinets do you have? How many shelves could simply be lifted on
one end while the supports are replaced? I've done it, so I know it can be done.