Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Is it essential to change the water filter?

wrote:
On Wednesday, 5 May 2010 11:59:50 UTC+1, John Whitworth wrote:
"Edward" wrote in message
We have a plumbed-in water filter at work, but the person responsible
for changing the cartridge says he's stopped bothering because the
water continues to flow. He argues that, if the filter were failing
to work properly, the flow would diminish or cease. For my part I
think the water has stopped tasting very nice.

It's a Bayhall Filtamate if that helps.

Thanks

Edward

In addition to this, what's the score with those screw-on types that sit
under the kitchen sinks, which look a bit like a car's oil filter? I stopped
changing ours ages ago. I could never really be sure that it was actually
doing anything - when I first replaced it, it didn't seem very 'wet'
anyway - and I figured that as it protects everything apart from the kitchen
sink (and washing machine for that), that if it was contaminating anything,
it would only be the bathroom, boiler and toilet.

JW

Sounds like your changing the sink's trap,which is there to stop smell of
drain water rising out of the plug. You don't change these "car oil filters" you neep.

Ho ho. "Neep". The irony...

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls