Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Splicing gantry track

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sat, 2 Sep 2017 10:30:30 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

Will there be clearance space to add web splice plates since you
already pared down the wheels for the narrower beam flanges?

A 3/8" thick plate or turnbuckle eye between the channels is included
in the original design.

That (slightly) modified trolley is derated to stay with 3" channel
unless I need to move a light load like the 500 Lb squared beams.
This tells me how much things really weigh, relative to the proof load
even if it isn't accurate:
https://www.amazon.com/precision-Sta...00WO29ZGM?th=1
Do you suppose anyone ever clicked "Add to Wedding Registry"?

I'll buy a new 1 ton trolley for the 4" channel. Moving logs or beams
from one shed to the sawmill and then into another takes two gantry
tracks and trolleys anyway.

Sometimes these small Amazon storefronts offer strange assortments of
unusual stuff. For the secret agent in you:
https://www.amazon.com/iDili-Stainle...4461903&sr=8-6

For the mad scientist in me:
https://www.amazon.com/iDili-Update-...4461903&sr=8-7

-[0wcUyc14=