Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default The Houston Gang An update 8/30

On 9/3/2017 9:53 AM, dpb wrote:
On 02-Sep-17 10:37 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Yep, $4000 grand and it's sitting on your lot, ready for you to move
into.
I guess they come with delivery.Â* Water's hook up, sewer, electricity,
all
up to whatever lenient code the city allows during this stressful time.

None of the above will be in the $4K except perhaps trailering to your
location.Â* It's not likely the city will allow one to put it on the lot
even in these circumstances, though, altho it makes common sense that
rarely has any place in government, particularly in code enforcement.

It would be good to think it possible but I really doubt it's feasible
-- and, of course, if it were, overnight those $4K trailers will be $10K
or $15K...

Some of the Houston crowd can update -- at one time 30 yr ago when was
still consulting down there some for Shell Development, there was little
zoning but code enforcement was fairly far along.Â* I'm guessing they've
added more reg's since.

--

FEMA is paying for hotels for those flooded out of their homes. $4K
would be way too much for a big percentage of families to pay.