Bay Area Dave

Default anyone try BONA / BonaKem TRAFFIC or MEGA floor finishing products?

my standards are pretty high. I wanted it flat as a fine table top.
My floor looks better than a couple of "professionally" done neighbor's.
One neighbor made them completely refinish the floor 3 times until it
looked decent. were talking sanding, staining and all the finish coats.
THREE TIMES! so while I'm not 100% happy, everyone I've showed the
room to is impressed. So it's all a matter of degree...

dave

Sam Shank wrote:
The vibrating pad sander is VERY slow to remove wood. I used it mostly
to remove excess filler and even for that it was excruciatingly
slooooooow. I understand your reluctance to uncover all those nails,
however.

If you're that bad of a floor sander and afraid to use the drum, disc
it. Rent a 175rpm floor buffer, buy a red pad, and get some 80 or even
60 grit discs and dry disc it. MUCH less aggressive than the drum
sander, but way better that that silly machine at home depot.