Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default installing gas lines to pool heater

On 9/2/2017 10:57 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 9/2/2017 6:33 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/1/2017 9:08 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 8/31/2017 5:19 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Not getting the permit, and having the work inspected by the
inspector after completion could result in insurance problems.

I've heard that but never saw evidence.Â* If a permit was taken and
inspected on every job, Home Depot and Lowes would have been out of
business decades ago.

I had no problem buying supplies at those stores on my permitted gas
line projects.

Sure, but how many people in the store for DIY stuff had permits?Â* How
many would be doing those jobs if they had to pay for a permit and
inspection?

If you had to replace a light switch, would you get a permit and have
it inspected?Â* Change a light fixture?

Would you want to buy a home that had gas piping done without
professional checking of it's quality?

Sure, as long as it is done right. I hooked up my own dryer and a
couple of others for friends. In 50 years, no house has blown up. They
are done to code.