Brian Elfert

Default anyone try BONA / BonaKem TRAFFIC or MEGA floor finishing products?

Bay Area Dave writes:

Brian, I don't think that 2 coats of waterborne is sufficient. I used 1
coat of sealer, 2 coats of gloss, and one coat of semi gloss. That is
pretty much the bare minimum. that stuff is THIN. I was told before I
started the job to do that many coats, and judging from the results, I
would even consider one more coat to not be a bad, although perhaps
unnecessary, idea. The pro's told me 2 coats is not enough. When you
get a competitive quote, they MAY be cutting corners to give you a good
price...ask around.

If there was no stain, they would do another coat of poly. The floor with
two coats of poly doesn't show any wear at all after 18 months.

I'm going to use the same guys who put the floor in originally as they did
a great job on the initial install. The contractor who built the house
only uses the best subs he can find. Of course, the cost reflected that.

Brian Elfert