Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default installing gas lines to pool heater

On 8/31/2017 5:19 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/31/2017 7:54 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 8/31/2017 4:10 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/31/2017 6:41 PM, Deodiaus wrote:
What's a fair price for a licensed person?

Are there special requirements for a plumber doing the work if he is
working with gas instead of water?Â* How do you verify a plumber's
qualifications for working with a gas line and validate the
insurance policy, i.e. prior to doing the work?Â* Even if the
insurance company acknowledges a policy in place, are there clauses
that might exclude them from paying out?

Most towns require a permit and inspection for gas work.Â* It is often
ignored on small jobs as it adds a lot to the cost to apply, then get
the permit and inspection.

It is easy to check for a license.Â* Most will show you if asked or
tell you where to verify and some states you can go on line and type
in a name.Â* Some states require a gass fitter license.

Not getting the permit, and having the work inspected by the inspector
after completion could result in insurance problems.

I've heard that but never saw evidence.Â* If a permit was taken and
inspected on every job, Home Depot and Lowes would have been out of
business decades ago.

I had no problem buying supplies at those stores on my permitted gas
line projects.