Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jethro tull jethro tull is offline

Default nec references to nec

On 2017-09-01, Tim Schwartz wrote:

Hello,

I don't really know NEC numbering, but could the new suffix's indicate
a different package, like surface mount instead of through hole? The
GX,GY or GZ rating is a beta range on the transistor. See:

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...C/2SD2403.html

on page 2 of the PDF.

Also, sometimes the suffix can tell how things are shipped or packaged,
like on a tape reel for auto insertion, or loose, or in a tube.

Regards,
Tim

i know GX, GY, GZ indicate the gain range of the device. But I would like to
know if the new suffix added by renesas refers to one of these or is a new
thing. The ref. code on the device consists only of these two letters followed
by two or more letters. The latter I have no indication for what it stands. It
could indeed be an information refering to the plant or shipping conditions ...