Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Recycling 6061 - T6

On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 7:04:40 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
I 've been saving all my 6061-T6 scraps for ages. I was planning to do some
casting with it, but now that I am getting close I find that 6061 - T6 is
reported to be not very good for casting.
Seems like it has to be formed at pressure and temperature to be of much

My local scrap yard is very friendly. If I had a bunch of scrap 6061 I would ask about swapping it for an equal weight of aluminium castings. Your local scrap yard may not be as nice, but it would not hurt to ask.

Dan