Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cordless telephones

On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 16:02:11 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 08/30/2017 12:27 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 29 Aug 2017 23:16:28 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

Some
service stations would give you things from time to time just to get you
to stop in.

In the 60s, I would not have had any glasses if Shell did not give you
one for every fill up. I still have a few of the Christmas specials.
(stemmed things with painted christmas stuff on them)

"free with 20 gallon purchase". I remember a lot of those signs, until
economy cars became common and wouldn't hold 20 gallons.

I never saw that. It was 8 gallon minimum on a "fill up" for a free
glass. My 72 Ford van only had a 16 gallon tank but my 71 Gremlin had
a 25 gallon tank.
When I topped up my 69 Corvette it was $5 and 13.9 gallons of Sunoco
260.
In those days you never got out of the car, they checked your oil and
washed your windshield. You told them how much gas you wanted and
handed them the money.