Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Convert a 45 RPM record to Metric

On Thursday, 31 August 2017 19:33:44 UTC+1, rickman wrote:
wrote on 8/31/2017 12:00 PM:
The old 45 RPM (revolutions per minute) vinyl records were called 45's
by everyone who had them.

If we were using a metric system at that time, would they still be
called 45 rpm, or would there be some metric numbers used instead?

I was having this discussion with a few people and no one knew the
answer.....
(Personally, I think they would still be 45 rpm, but I could be wrong).

0.75 rps of course! I think I would call them 3/4 rips for short.

Nearly, the second being the standard unit of time. They would be 0.75Hz.

NT