Posted to sci.electronics.repair
rickman rickman is offline

Default Convert a 45 RPM record to Metric

Adrian Caspersz wrote on 8/31/2017 2:38 PM:
On 31/08/17 17:00, wrote:
The old 45 RPM (revolutions per minute) vinyl records were called 45's
by everyone who had them.

If we were using a metric system at that time, would they still be
called 45 rpm, or would there be some metric numbers used instead?

I was having this discussion with a few people and no one knew the
answer.....
(Personally, I think they would still be 45 rpm, but I could be wrong).

0.75 revs per second if you want to be completely non-SI about it?

https://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/outside.html

Depending on your usage of the info it might be 0.75*(2pi) or

4.712388980385 radians per second.

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998