Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Dave M[_5_] Dave M[_5_] is offline

Default Cutting Plexiglass (Perspex)

Jasen Betts wrote:
On 2017-08-30, Dave M wrote:

I've contacted four Ebay sellers of Plexiglas panels, asking if they
can cut to my dimensions. Although they all advertise that they can
cut to custom sizes, all but one of them say that they can't cut
that small due to "liability insurance restrictions", whatever that
might be. The other quoted an unbelievably high price for a small
order of 25 pieces. That's why I'm looking to do it myself.

https://www.ponoko.com/laser-cutting/acrylic

send these guys 1:1 scale SVG with your outlines, they'll cut them
into a sheet.

they seem to have a "first order free" deal going at the moment.

This looks promising. I'll look into it and see what the costs are (future
projects). It's a great concept, sorta like sending Gerber files to a PCB
house, and they make the board to my specs.

OK, thanks for all the suggestions. I just got a response from an Ebay
seller, saying that if I buy a suitable panel of his Plexiglas, he will cut
into pieces of my specifications at no charge!! Can't beat a deal like
that.
BTW, the seller's Ebay name is seefinestore, based in New York. Don't know
if he gave me a one-time deal, or if he will do this for any order, but it
solves my immediate problem.

Thanks for the pointer to ponoko, I'll keep it for reference for future
projects.
Dave M