Posted to rec.woodworking

Default BLO

On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 07:56:59 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 31-Aug-17 5:50 AM, Dr. Deb wrote:

Anyway, to the question, "If I put BLO on the top,it is never going
to dry, right?" Right now, my game plan is to give the tables to them and
tell them to keep a table cloth (not plastic) on the tables for a year,
then finish them.

Comments please.

If leave unfinished, any table cloth will get stained permanently in all
likelihood and the church basement ladies will probably not appreciate
that...

If you must use this material, I'd suggest a shellac wash coat at a
minimum to block the sap/moisture seepage...

Or tack a thin sheet of tempered hardboard (masonite) on the top
untill the moisture content is adequately reduced.