Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default SMD capacitors

In article , says...

I think you just answered your question. If the caps have polarity markings
they are polarized. If they don't have polarity markings, how do you know
you have any installed correctly?

Someone sent a pix with several kinds of the SMD capacitors. A couple
of them had a pointed tit on one end. I did not know that,so would have
missed that as a polariaty mark. If I had just looked at the capacitor,
I probably would have dismissed it as just a blob of material instead of
a polarity mark.

Sometimes it helps to know all the small details of the components. I
don't know, but guess that some could not have any marking and it could
depend on how they are placed in the reel they come in.