Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_7_] dadiOH[_7_] is offline

Default SketchUp

"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message
eb.com...

Try this simple thing: A hollow box with open side. Draw a square, then
draw a square inside it. Use the push pull tool to pull the outer face
to the desired height. (You can select the tool then enter the value.)
Now use the push-pull tool to pull the inner face to the desired depth.

Two comments for the OP.

1. You learn Sketchup by using it. I had it for a couple of years, played
a bit but nothing clicked. Then I watched the videos, played some more and
voila...CLICK. I seriously doubt any program comes even close to being as
useful for woodworkers (or any other "makers"), just mind Leon's admonition
about components.

2. Entering dimensions can be very useful but it can also be confusing. As
you draw, the dimension of what you are drawing appears in the little box at
the lower right; if you want to specify a dimension, just stop drawing and
type it. Don't try to click on the box and type, just type.