Posted to rec.woodworking

Default SketchUp

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 14:41:48 -0500, Jerry Osage wrote:

I lurk here, and post now and then. I've learned a lot, but I have a
question that I haven't seen answered.

I still do my plans with a T Square and Triangles. I think I would like
to learn SketchUp. I have watched their Getting Started videos and it
seems pretty simple - at least to do simple things. Is it? What is the
learning curve like? Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated.

It's easy, once you get your head straight. Don't think of it as a
CAD system. Just build shapes. Learning the basics takes maybe a
half hour. The rest can be picked up as you need it.