Posted to rec.woodworking
notbob notbob is offline

Default SketchUp

On 2017-08-30, Jerry Osage Jerry wrote:

I still do my plans with a T Square and Triangles.

I learned drafting on a hard wooden stool with a T square and
triangles. also. Much later, I was trained on AutoCad. ACad has
every stinkin' whistle and bell imaginable, which is why it's No. 1
and costs yer first born to purchase a single seat.

Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated.

I didn't like SketchUp. Might be intuitive to those who are unused
to a "3D modeling program", which AutoCad is NOT and SketchUp IS!
But, I was lost. Plus, SketchUp never offered a version for Linux
(which I prefer).

I'm retired, now, so have no need for a CAD program. I was looking at
LibreCAD, but it does not seem to have matured much in the last 2-3
yrs. I think my pro carpenter buddy uses AutoCAD LT (light) which
costs waaaay less than the real deal. Still, it's more like a T-sqr 'n
triangles than SketchUp.

nb