Posted to alt.home.repair
83LowRider[_2_] 83LowRider[_2_] is offline

Default How can we tell our drive was actually properly slurry sealed

On 8/30/2017 2:55 AM, June Bug wrote:
We just got our common asphalt driveway "sealed" where the asphalt company
was a family who didn't finish the job (they didn't seal the cracks for
example).

There's 2 or 3 crews come by our house every year offering to seal
our driveway. As it's over 1800 ft. long, they likely figure it's
a good paycheck. Problem is, unless you follow them from where they
buy the sealant to your home, there is no guarantee that the sealant
is 100%. A common ruse is to get a partial tank, and top it off with
water. There is variation as to the quality of sealant as well. So,
first off, you hope the sealant they are purchasing is of good quality,
and then you hope they don't dilute it after they purchase it.

IOW, as someone else pointed out, only time will tell. Usually our
driveway 'looks good' for two years... tops.