Posted to alt.home.repair
June Bug June Bug is offline

Default How can we tell our drive was actually properly slurry sealed

The date is 30/08/2017 08:04

You have been taken really well.
Didn't you watch while the work was being done????

We don't know what to look for.

We see they didn't shovel the sides to the edge of the drainage "slant" but
the previous crew five years ago (and five years before them) didn't shovel
at all. We only found out about the fact that two feet of "drive" went
beyond the side of the road when we dug those test tunnels.

The cracks are only half done in places so one question we have is how
"flush" is a crack repair supposed to be when the crack starts at about 1/4
to 2 inches wide?

Is it supposed to be fully flush?

And how can you tell if the slurry is "good" stuff?

We still need to fill the cracks so would you go buy the "goop" at Home
Depot and just drip it into the cracks and be done with it?