Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default What can I buy at Walmart for dial string?

Tim R wrote:

On Monday, August 28, 2017 at 5:21:54 PM UTC-4, John-Del wrote:

Best think to do is check with each manufacturer and pick by diameter not pound weight.

Yes, that's what I'm trying to explain. That kastking is called braid but it's the modern stuff, not the old cheap line.

It's okay for fishing but you absolutely don't want to put it in a radio at any strength or diameter. It's super slippery, hard to tie a knot that will hold, and it has no abrasion resistance. But it's diameter is tiny so fish don't see it, and it casts very well.

You also want to be close to the original diameter. If it is much
larger, it can bind and wear out faster, or just jam on the main tuning
shaft. If it is smaller, it won't have enough friction to work properly.

--
Never **** off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.