Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default crying

On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 20:19:37 +0100, bert wrote:

In article ,
writes
On Monday, 21 August 2017 13:38:48 UTC+1, Mark wrote:
On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 04:02:56 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

According to the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents
(ROSPA), the leading causes of fatal road crashes in the UK include:

snip

Not wearing a seat belt

This only affects the driver. There are arguments suggesting that
people who do not wear seatbelts would automatically take more care.
Hence the argument to put a spike in the steering wheel.

It's been tried, unintentionally. The Ford Model T used to impale
drivers on the steering column in accidents.

As did most cars until the fitting of front seat belts.

Funny, I've never impaled myself, and I don't wear a seatbelt.
Seatbelts are for learner drivers.

I hope you carry an organ donor card.

Thankfully, they don't reuse brains- yours is obviously a reject.