Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ggherold@gmail.com is offline

Default SMD capacitors

On Monday, August 28, 2017 at 4:08:16 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
I started working with the SMD parts a year or so ago. I decided to
stock up on some from ebay where you get strips of 10 each of about 50
valuse for a couple of bucks.

In this assortment were some 2.2 and 10 uF capacitors. For the most
part capacitors I am used to working with valuse round 1 uF and up are
usually polarity sensitive. Are the the large values non polar like the
smaler values ?

I have not had time to look at them under my microscope to see if they
look different.

I'm not sure I understand your question. Whether a cap is polarized or not
depends on the type cap. Tant's and Al are polarized (in general) and ceramics aren't.

George H.