Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cordless telephones

[snip]

with very large transformers and the large buildings have their own
transformers in the basement utility areas. I don't know about
skyscrapers in the very large cities but I'd imagine there are
transformers for every floor or every several floors. I'd have to do
some research on the design of their power distribution systems to
educate myself. We hear a 60hz buzz in our heads where you folks have
a 50hz buzz between your ears.

They should have made it something like 15Hz so we can't hear it.

Once I went to see a movie called "Battlestar Galactica" because they
wore showing it in something called "Sensurround" and I wanted to find
out what that was. It's infrasonics, sound you can't hear because of the
low frequency but with enough power you feel it.

Also, 15Hz transformers would need to be bigger.

[snip]

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't
stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected."
[Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama, _Time_ April 11, 1988]