Carolyn Marenger

Default Basement concrete floor

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 12:12:59 +0000, Ed Kaz wrote:

I have a old concrete basement floor that is very rough and thinking of
installing asphalt floor tiles (the kind in supermarkets). Can I install
something over the top of the concrete floor (like wonder board concrete
boardor exterior plywood to make the surface smooth??? I don't think
patching the existing concrete floor is a good idea (it's pretty old and
somewhat crumbly). If I can go over the top, what can I use to fasten it to
the concrete?

Thanks
Ed

If you clean up the surface well, including removing the crumbling
concrete, then there is no reason why you couldn't "patch" the surface.
You could then install whatever on top.

Carolyn