Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Yellow Jackets in the Eaves!

On 08/27/2017 07:50 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 8/27/2017 4:14 PM, Lucy L wrote:
replying to Al Bundy, Lucy L wrote:
It happened to us. Had to call Orkin. They said if queen wasn't dead,
there
would be an uninhabitable house filled with bees in spring. They would be
everywhere, regardless of exit points.

Just a sales pitch. I've had yellow jackets in the eaves of both of my
houses, and they were never a problem in the house. Even my 90 yo house
is well sealed from the attic and eaves. They are a problem is you need
to do work on the house near the nest. If you can put it off for a year,
they have gone elsewhere.

It's been my experience that, like swallows, the damn things always come
back to Capistrano. Despite attempts to discourage them (read a gallon
or two of wasp spray) they seem to have their favorite nesting sites.