Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cordless telephones

On Mon, 28 Aug 2017 00:18:49 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Mon, 28 Aug 2017 00:02:56 +0100, wrote:

I always have 124 and the PoCo says that is within the nominal limits.
I am also not sure you can tap these transformers. There is a selector
but it is only for the medium voltage inputs.
http://gfretwell.com/electrical/50_kva_label.jpg
http://gfretwell.com/electrical/50%2...ransformer.jpg

Why do Americans have such piddly little transformers? We have nice big things that serve 100 houses:
http://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/...7_33574f8d.jpg

Found this by mistake: https://youtu.be/wd-_C6pSmOY

Our houses were usually farther apart and it made more sense to do the
distribution over long distances with medium voltage. Once they got
started that way it was better to only have a few basic transformers.
It does limit the number of customers who are dark when one fails.
After hurricane Charley, my neighbor was out, I had power so I could
string a couple of cords over to her house to get the essential things
going for her (water, refrigeration, lights, TV and a little window
shaker). I had enough cords and circuits available outside to get her
around 7 KVA.

That is still just 1 &2 family or small commercial.
Multi family and office buildings will be served by bigger
transformers.