Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Power backup ideas

On Sun, 27 Aug 2017 07:14:38 -0400, wrote:

Since then I did get a regular 5500w generator that I have never used
in 6 years. It is still in the box.

I'm not sure if it's true or not - I once heard that after years of
un-use - the magnets field magnets ? can lose their
magnetic-ness or sumpthin'

http://www.engineersedge.com/motors/...d_flashing.htm

So your unused engine might still work fine but the generator won't.

John T.

SOMETIMES they require a re-flash - but generally not from sitting.
More likely from improper shut-down. (Shutting of the generator under
full load is almost guaranteed to yield a dead generator).

Different methods for brush type and brushless excitation - Be
carefull!!