Robert Bonomi

Default unisaw wiring? 20 or 30 amp circuit?

In article , Nate B wrote:

"Robert Bonomi"

Me? Like I said, I'll 'over-engineer' the physical --

You're throw'n a dart with the lights out, dude.

And you, Bubba, are a 10 watt bulb in a 100 watt fixture.

Holy cow - what a thread!!

RTFM!!

http://media.ptg-online.com/media/dm...9-09-19-03.pdf

Top of page 5.

If this isn't your manual, click around and find the right one.

It isn't mine. _I_ don't have a unisaw.

What the manual for a UniSaw says is also *irrelevant* to the last question
asked -- which was why would I use something smaller than a 30A breaker on
10 ga. wire. Note that that is a _generic_ question, and was answered as such.

Good thing it doesn't matter much (!!) because either you're throwing
breakers, or relying on your motor's thermal protection

*ASSUMING* the motor _has_ thermal protection, that is. While on a UniSaw
it likely does, it is -not- guaranteed on all other devices. Heck, some
devices don't even _have_ motors. Or internal overload protections.

It is an indisputable fact that if a device --_any_ device -- will operate
satisfactorily -- under all rated conditions -- on a circuit with a 20A
breaker and 12 ga. wiring, it will also operate _exactly_ as well on a circuit
with a 20A breaker and 10 ga. wiring.