Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default LIDL inverter welder

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
Dropped into Lidl today for breakfast cereal and couldn't resist the
little 70 pound inverter welder.

Looks very similar to this one from last year

https://www.offerscheck.org/parkside...6/kw-18/285568

Doesn't come with any rods, so not been able to try it yet, but found this
video of one which looks quite similar, which seems to work rather nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VLk49_k5F0

Of course that could be down to the skill of the user!

Yeah, bet it is. I taught myself with one of the 1970s
massive great transformer based stick welders in the
very early 70s and can do the slotted dexion square black
tubing that plenty of the pros claim can't be stick welded.

And then discover the roof racks that a mate of mine made
for his landrover using 25mm RHS which has much thicker
walls than the dexion tubing. What an obscene abortion.

He used to be a farmer too, very agricultural racks indeed.

Will report when I have tried mine.

I must get one, much more conveniently portable than
the massive great transformer based one I still have.
Been watching for them at the garage sales but they
dont last long and a mate of mine grabbed on just
before I noticed it.