Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default Info needed - Teccor Q4003M3 TRIAC

On 2017/08/26 12:20 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

I am replacing an old TRIAC that is used for a solenoid driver driven by
a photo-flash (I have dozens of these in my classic rifle gallery) and I
can't find anything on line about this particular device.

I know it is 400V, 3A, and is in a TO-11 like metal can however what I
can't find is the Gate current. This is a sensitive gate TRIAC and I
suspect it is either a 3MA or a 10MA device, but would like a copy of
the original TECCOR specs to be sure that the replacement I am using is
close enough to the original for long term reliability. This is being
controlled by a device called a Vactrol - VTL2C3, and I have several
dozen of these controllers that eventually need upgrading.

So, if anyone has a TECCOR Electronics Inc. manual lying around from the
early 70s and can scan me the page(s) on the Q4003M3 that would be
great. I have found sheets online for other flavours of the Q4003
series, but just not the Mx version.

Try this page.

http://www.datasheetarchive.jp/short...t/Q4003M3.html

Ah, yes, I had previously found that page. I just trust the
manufacturers spec sheets more than a synopsis version. It is probably
accurate, but who knows?

Thanks,

John :-#)#