Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Hurricane Harvey

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 26 Aug 2017 13:24:25 +0000, Stormin' Norman
wrote:

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 23:57:36 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 26 Aug 2017 02:02:34 +0000, Stormin' Norman
wrote:

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 21:33:11 -0400, Jose wrote:

On 8/25/2017 8:29 PM, Stormin' Norman wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one constitutional amendment,
(after Trump is removed from office) to help prevent the Trump kind of
national nightmare in the future. Shooting from the hip here, but
maybe an amendment that requires all presidential candidates to pass
the highest level security clearance background investigation and
polygraph tests, yes, that has possibilities

Maybe we should have a proof of citizenship requirement.

Have you not read the constitution? Apparently not......

Section 1, article 2, clause 5:

"No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United
States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be
eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be
eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of
thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the
United States."

A security clearance clause combined with a sanity clause, would help
weed out the future Trumps.

I wonder if there is some way to weed out the stupid voters. Sort of
like a fingerprint sensor on the voting machines, except a
Stupid-Sensor, instead.

We can't have too many safeguards so this doesn't happen again.

Personally, I would not want to marginalize the right to vote of
anyone.

FTR, I was kidding. If there were really a stupid-sensor that worked it
would be worth considering -- I'm not talking about some test they use
to determine who is "mentally retarded"**, and who isn't but who has the
sense that G-d gave a billy-goat.

**A term which was meant, and still means to me, something much nicer
than prior terms and which holds out encouragement. Retarded means
slower but has a chance, maybe a good chance to catch up.

The trend seems to be to go from two word phrases to 3-word phrases.
But I would never tell a kid of mine that he had ADD or ADSD because
they include the word "disorder"**. Disorder is a hell of a lot worse
than retarded.

Mental and physical retardation can possibly be cured by exercise, but
how does one fix some thing that is disordered.

**Fortunately I haven't faced this problem.

I do like the idea of having a few more constitutional
requirements for the presidency than citizenship and a minimum age of
35.

You refer us to your other posts. Okay.