???

Default Political Campaign Funding

I just changed my voter registration and donated $300 to the Kerry campaign.
I am waiting to hear from them on how to donate additional money from my
C-Corp.

I made a promise to myself that I would hold George Bush accountable for
"dropping me into it" when he took the stick and started poking the wasp
nest in the middle of the day rather than wait till evening and use the wasp
spray.

Like Mark with his $20 to the Red Crescent, I am true to my word. I am also
seeking active ways to participate in the campaign locally.

To me, the difference in vision was laid out quite clearly last night. I am
tired of using fear for what may happen in the future as a means for
promoting careers. The world has ALWAYS been a dangerous place. It is no
more nor less dangerous today than it was on Sept. 10, 2001. Tell me any
other President in American history who responded to physical reminders of
how unpredictable and dangerous the world is by promoting fear of the
future? Lincoln? Washington? Eisenhower? Truman? Nixon? Reagan?
Roosevelt?

My reading of history is that these Presidents responded to events NOT by
focusing on the unknowable future, but by REMINDING us that this country has
faced challenges to its existence throughout our history, and that our love
for personal freedom, appreciation for the Constitution and ability to
accept other points of view have ALWAYS gotten us through.

George Bush's whole theme has been simple. You HAVE to vote for me or else
the whole Country will go to Hell. George sez "I am the only one who can
protect you from the fearful unknown future ("but remember, if they get it
right once, it ain't my fault)". Not only is this a very weak case, but how
does this help to bring Americans together should Kerry win? Doesn't his
theme weaken the Country "post Bush"? It is the very same criticism I have
of those who conveniently attack the third branch of our government, the
Judicial. Whether it is attacking the Court of the 2000 election ruling, or
attacking "Activist" judges, both ONLY serve to weaken public confidence and
trust in the government as a whole. (BTW, will someone kindly define a
NON-activist judge).

Beyond that, this theme of fear is having a dramatic drag on the economy.
For example, look at the stock market. There should be opportunities to buy
given the behavior of the market in the last couple of months. But it is
only going sideways. Why? The Bush theme of fearing the future emphasizes
the unknowns surrounding the Olympics, the Conventions, the elections and
beyond. Rather than reminding investors that the stock market has always
been based on the "yet brighter tomorrow", the Bush theme leads people to
think that tomorrow hold only the promise of another day for a WMD to slip
through. (Remember, "we have to be right every time (which BTW is
impossible) and "they" only have to be right once").

Damn it, my knowledge of history and my personal experience tells me this
Country is simply NOT that weak.

Because the theme of fear is baseless as a means of leading forward, because
it is a drag on the economy and because I simply do not fear tomorrow (or
next year) any more than I feared getting out of bed on Sept 11 (or 10)
2001), I am rejecting George Bush's argument that he is the only one who can
prevent the horror lurking in our future.

Instead, I am embracing John Kerry's premise that we must build, invest and
go on KNOWING that (despite periodic threats like Secession, WWI, WWII,
Atomic War, Sept. 11) the future always holds a brighter promise. This
Country has dealt, and will continue to deal, with threats to our existence
as they arise. And the future has ALWAYS been brighter.

This is why George Bush stand out as the ONLY President who actually
promotes fear of the future as part of his campaign. And I reject it.

If any reading this note also reject the theme of fear, I encourage you to
donate $10 to the Kerry campaign (see link below). If ,despite living in
poverty, Mark (Gunner) can afford to send $20 to the Red Crescent because of
a bet, almost everyone who rejects the politics based on fear can afford to
lend support to those who remind us that the future is always yet brighter.

http://volunteer.johnkerry.com/mysit...est&ref=878707 (you can make
a credit card contribution here)
--
Regards,