Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Phil Hobbs Phil Hobbs is offline

Default 3Tb HDD on an XP32 box?

On 08/26/2017 02:21 PM, Ian Field wrote:

wrote in message
On Friday, August 25, 2017 at 11:10:02 AM UTC-7, Ian Field wrote:
What's the best I can do?

All the partition managers tried so far, offer a single partition
just under
750Gb and no remaining unpartitioned space.

A 2Tb drive works just fine - I'd even settle for that from the 3Tb
one..........

Thanks for any help.

If you can live with it as non bootable data only, put it in a USB3
enclosure and use it that way. XP is fine with 3tb USB drives.

Someone gave me one of those they'd dropped on the USB connector -
figuring out where all the ripped up tracks went became a "back burner"
project.

I just got a couple of the Plugable ones (2.5/3.5 inch) and they work
great--it really cut down my backup/restore times. I built myself a new
Qubes box (Thinkpad T430, 16G, 1T SSD) which required restoring all my
VMs from backup. (I could have used dd and then resized the partition
and file system, but that's a pain on an encrypted partition.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs