Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Power backup ideas

In article ,
says...

Yesterday my power was off for 7 hours. I survived. I thought
maybe my setup would help others come up with ideas to protect
themselves too.

Of course there are generators, but they are quite expensive
if your power outages are rare.

Harbor Freight has a small generator for about $ 90 when on sale, or use
the 20% off coupond they put out every week.

It is suppose to be good for 700 watts and run for several hours off
the gas before refilling.

I bought one as I have an electric pole saw and wanted to power it away
from the house. Look at the Youtube videos on them.

You can mount it on a small dolly or use a hand truck to move it if you
think it is too heavy.

Sometimes they seem hard to start, so you may want to get a can of
starter fluid .