Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Talk about pricing...

On 8/26/2017 7:58 AM, Vic Smith wrote:
On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 18:10:26 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

FWIW, I've not bought a GM car in 15 years. While the new ones are
better than we had in the'60s, there are better made by Korean and
Japanese companies now.

I've been very pleased with every GM car I've had since my 1976 Chevy Caprice.
GM is where you find the best value in used cars. Never bought one new.

Last GM car I has was a 2001 Buick LeSabre. It was falling part in my
driveway in just 5 years. Both rear door windows were held up with a
wood stick after they would not go up any more, the trans had to be
rebuilt, brake lines rusted out, the climate control was interesting.
One side was hot, the other cold. By changing the setting you could
reverse it. Some of the steering wheel controls did not work. I had
the car two years but hat 38,000 miles so when the heated seat stopped
working they wanted $672 to fix it. I wrote to Buick and they would
give me a few bucks off to buy a new car.

Every GM car I bought new had to go back to the dealer within the first
month for something needing adjustment or fixing. I gave the Buick away
rather than try to sell it.

I'm on my fourth Hyundai. Two had to go back for a minor warranty issue
at about 60k miles. If it was a GM car, the warranty would have already
expired. The other two I had for 70,000 miles and never needed
anything. Present car is a Genesis. Nice to drive, best car I ever had.

Going back we had a lot of GM cars in the family. I remember my
father's '59 Chevy Impala going back to the dealer with a list of 20
items to take care of. The remains of someone's lunch at the factory
was found under the back seat.