Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default screwfix lap lighting

On 25/08/2017 13:14, Rob wrote:

replying to Stephen, Rob wrote:
What outside cable should I buy for A LAP Slimline 1435p flodlight sorry to
hijack this posts I can not find my answer anywhere

It depends on where its being installed, and where the power for it is
coming from. On an outside wall with power being fed through a hole from
the other side, normal twin and earth cable should be ok. If you need a
long run of surface wiring that is going to be in a more vulnerable
position, then you may want to consider using conduit, or a more robust
cable.

Also depending on how the cable entry is designed on the lamp, you may
find it favours a round flex rather than a flat cable. If this is the
case then using s suitable junction box close to the lamp to allow you
to transition to flex might be worthwhile.

Some options:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...ub_main_design

--
Cheers,