Posted to alt.home.repair
taxpayer taxpayer is offline

Default Talk about pricing...

On 8/25/2017 6:49 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

You worked for $1.60/hr too? When I was in college I was working 11:00pm to 7:00am in a defense plant and I got $1.68/hr with the 8¢ being a shift differential I received because I was working 3rd shift. Regular gasoline was 22¢/gal at the rural gas stations and at Burger King, a Wopper, fry and a Coke was $1.00. I believe The Dollar was worth a lot more then. I think we were still on the gold standard at the time. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Standard Monster

We didn't have as many lazy liberal democrats to support back then either.