Posted to alt.home.repair
Tommy Silvuh Tommy Silvuh is offline

Default Hook on hollow core door

On 8/25/2017 1:51 PM, TimR wrote:
I need to add a hook to the basement bathroom door.

I see the holes from the last owner, but of course they didn't hold.

I know there are anchors made for this, but they don't look secure, and if they do come out they're going to damage the door even more.

My idea is to bridge the door with a thin board from stile to stile, screwed into the wood at the edge of the door. Then use a toggle bolt through the board.

Any obvious flaw in that? Anybody know how wide those wood pieces are?

I could also hang from the top rail down, I guess.

Just 5-Minute epoxy one of these plaques to the door, wait 301 seconds and then fasten your hook to the plaque.

https://smile.amazon.com/Creative-Ho.../dp/B01E7PAXOQ