Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Talk about pricing...

On 8/25/2017 1:44 PM, Iggy wrote:
replying to Ed Pawlowski, Iggy wrote:
Choice is, pay more for the same lowest-grade piece of crap...it's "free
enterprise", a sucker born every minute? How's that not fraud and
betrayal of
technology, intelligence and humanity itself? You're, possibly, even
from the
days when Craftsman, General Electric, John Deere and parts that are
endlessly
recyclable meant something. We've devolved and everyone accepted it. The
slippery slope came along and we jumped on it like a water slide. Look it's
the same $5 I spent for something like it 30-years ago, but it only lasted
30-days. yippy. Sorry, I'm just ashamed and embarrassed for and of
people and
society.

Did we devolve and accept it or did we cause it? Are we buying cheaper
products because that is what we are given or is it because we keep
looking for the lowest possible price and want to have every luxury and
toy available? We value quantity over quality.

We were doing well when dad had a Chevy sedan in the driveway, now Dad
has a BMW and mom has the Volvo.

All of that though, has nothing to do with particular item pricing at
Amazon as was the original subject.