Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Can I Put A Wet-Dry Vac In A Cabinet?

On 8/25/2017 7:26 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I have a 8 gallon wet-dry vac that I want to put inside a cabinet. Roughly 24" x 24" x 29". The hose
and cord will come through a hole in the side. The door will be a simple overlay style with a latch.

I'm trying to save space but also keep the noise down.

Do I need to add some holes in the back for exhaust? The cabinet certainly won't be air tight, but is
the door and hose hole enough?

Thanks.

Volume of air in = volume of air out. If you don't have enough open
space you will make the motor work harder trying to work against the
back pressure, you will lose some efficiency on the suction and will
build up heat in the cabinet. not a big deal for 15 seconds but for a
long time it will be.

Put it in the cabinet to save space but open the door to run it.