Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan Braggins Alan Braggins is offline

Default Additional tap for unsoftened water?

On 2017-08-23, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote

As part of a major refurb I'm planning to install a water
softener that will provide softened water to all the existing
hot/cold taps, but I want to add a tap for unsoftened water
in a few places (kitchen, bathroom, ensuite).

Why ?

Hard water might possibly be very marginally healthier than softened
water. http://www.ukwta.org/technology-areas/faqs/
And some people prefer the taste of hard/unsoftened water (possibly
just because it's what they are used to).

And do you want that with just the cold water or both hot and cold ?

I doubt anyone drinks water from the hot bathroom or ensuite taps.
Filling a kettle from a hot tap can make sense, but I can't see anyone
bothering with a separate unsoftened hot tap for that.