Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Additional tap for unsoftened water?

On 23/08/17 17:12, wrote:
On 23/08/17 14:12,
wrote:
As part of a major refurb I'm planning to install a water softener
that will provide softened water to all the existing hot/cold taps,
but I want to add a tap for unsoftened water in a few places
(kitchen, bathroom, ensuite). I'd prefer not to change the existing
basins and taps because they're in keeping with the (30s) house so I
need to add an additional tap, somehow, at these locations - the
question is ... how?

REaly dont bother.

Its fime to drink softened water.

If you are that fussy, all those extra taps anmd plumbing buys a lot
of bottled water.

There seems to be conflicting advice/opinion about the sodium levels in
softened water for the general population, but advice for elderly and
babies seems to be not to drink it. It seems daft to do a lot of work on
a house and not make provision for hard water for those that might want
it in the future ... it's not much more work or cost. Regardless of all
that - I prefer the taste of hard water.

The actual amount of sodium in a pint of softened water is in most cases
less than you get from eating half a packet of crisps.

It really isnt an issue.

Taste is.

And that's personal. I rather like the taste myself.

--
€œBut what a weak barrier is truth when it stands in the way of an
hypothesis!€

Mary Wollstonecraft