Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bill Gill Bill Gill is offline

Default What can I buy at Walmart for dial string?

On 8/22/2017 12:23 PM, wrote:
There are no electronic stores anywhere near me. I cant believe the
prices they want on ebay for this string. (There is some Australia
source selling 12 meters of it for around $7 and wanting $45
shipping.... that's insane).

Anyhow, it's just string, but I know it needs to be strong and last for
years. Walmart has a lot of sewing and hobby stuff. Maybe there is a
thick thread that will work.

Someone on another forum suggested using fishing line. I know that stuff
is durable, but I know little more, since I dont fish. What guage and
material should I look for? If some of you are fishermen, maybe you
could just tell me what brand name and item number to buy. This cant be
rocket science. It's just string..... But what will work and last?

* I am currently needing to replace the dial string on a Zenith Trans
Oceanic radio, as well as the radio in a late 1960s era console stereo.

Thanks

Dental floss.

Bill