Posted to alt.home.repair
Retired[_2_] Retired[_2_] is offline

Default OT Very, how do you buy airplane tickets when you are goingtogether only one direction?

On 8/22/17 3:00 PM, micky wrote:
OT Very, how do you buy airplane tickets when you are going together
only one direction?

A friend and I are going on a trip together, but I'm staying longer than
she is. IIRC, when you buy tickets for 2 people online, it offers you
only the same return flight, no way to pick different ones.

Is my recollection faulty?

If you buy the tickets separately, you won't be sitting together on the
part you do together.

What to do?

IF the one-way fares are the same as 1/2 the round trip fares (or only
slightly more) then try this:

Book the 2 outbound seats on one booking, and then the returns as 2
separate bookings.

Good Luck.........

But be aware that the "fine print" contract of most tickets still
allows the airline to split you up if it suits their purpose. Many
"horror" stories of families being split up, etc. Not often, but is is
a risk, one of many in this day and age of airline travel. :-(