Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default What can I buy at Walmart for dial string?

wrote:

There are no electronic stores anywhere near me. I cant believe the
prices they want on ebay for this string. (There is some Australia
source selling 12 meters of it for around $7 and wanting $45
shipping.... that's insane).

Anyhow, it's just string, but I know it needs to be strong and last for
years. Walmart has a lot of sewing and hobby stuff. Maybe there is a
thick thread that will work.

Someone on another forum suggested using fishing line. I know that stuff
is durable,

Yes, BRAIDED fishing line! There is heavier braided line that is both more
flexible and will grip shafts better.

Jon