Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Pawn Shop Tool Sco Router & ROS

On Monday, August 21, 2017 at 3:03:07 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 15:44:42 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

(I'm going to try an adapt an old miter saw dust bag for use with the ROS.
If it doesn't work, eBay has them for $13.)

chuckle I can see it now. A dust bag to big for the job.

Same brand ROS, found at a friends house (I loaned it out). Looked for
the dang thang for days... The ROS came as an addition included in the
12" miter saw box.+

I sand 'most' projects outside so no real need for a dust bag.

Zip ties will hold whatever sized bag you might make. The ROS bag is
here somewhere.

Nah, for $13 I ordered the correct bag. The round inlet of the miter
saw bag I have is too small for the oval chute of the ROS. I softened the
inlet with a heat gun and shaped it into an oval but it's *just* too small.

I do try to sand outside when I can, but the winter's are too long around
here. Rainy days are shop days too.

Hmm...once I get the bag, maybe I'll adapt it for use with the vacuum.