Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Cordless telephones

On 8/21/2017 11:39 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 08/20/2017 07:32 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

[snip]

We have a pretty good power company here and the power rarely goes out
but there are blinks from time to time. The power company has crews
that inspect and keep the main lines clear of tree branches. At home I
have UPS backup power for my desk and computer table. If the power
blinks or fails I only notice because I hear the UPS backup units kick
in. If the power fails at night, I'm awakened by the alarms on the all
UPS units and it sounds like a forest full of animal calls. An LED
desk lamp will run for many hours on a small APC UPS. At home I keep
my desk lamps on all the time and I can see to get around safely even
if there is a power outage at night. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Electrified Monster

Sometimes I wish I had bought a house on the other side of the street.
They have fewer and shorter power outages.

We rarely have outages. Turns out, my street is on the same main feed
as the hospital a mile away. They are top priority for restoration. In
36 years we only had two extended (1 two day, 1 12 hours) and two minor
outages of a couple of hours.