Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cordless telephones

[snip]

Your phone number pretty much becomes YOUR property once you get it. I
used to have Cellular One (which morphed into AT&T) and then switched to
Sprint and now to Verizon Wireless and have retained the same number
across carriers. I'm told that I can take that number to a landline and
vice versa but I have neither tried it nor confirmed it.

I have moved a number FROM a landline.

For mobile, I used to have Alltel, which became Verizon. AT&T has poor
service here (although it works fine a mile away).

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"A man who is an agnostic by inheritance, so that he doesn't remember
any time that he wasn't, has almost no hatred for the religious." [H.L.
Mencken]